Wednesday, March 11, 2015

Fancy Duplexes (1)

New Gray Barnboard from Fenelon Falls


I have expanded the size of the pine base under this duplex so that I have room to attach a fancier fence than usual out front during an upcoming 'full-on trim day'. As I assembled the pine BHs yesterday I thought I might add a half-inch here and an inch there to the size of the BH too when I make a future batch.

The faces of the main apartment on this current model are 13 inches high and 6 & 3/4 inches wide, and a false bottom is required, about 3 inches above the white pine base, so that a bird only has to drop about six inches to the floor w nest-building material once inside. The faces of the side apartment are 8 inches high and 6 & 3/4 inches wide and the roof slopes 15 degrees.



Today I will paint roof slats for two of the duplexes and prepare the trim package.

Link to Finished Cedar Box to see a project completed recently for a friend.

Photos GH

No comments:

Post a Comment