Saturday, April 4, 2015

Antique Store BH 1

Good Old Lumber

 "So much more to do, but the old barnboard is special material"

Before Christmas I found a couple of pieces of premium barnboard (I think I rescued them five or more years ago from a landfill site) hidden in a corner of my supply shed. There was enough for me to cut four faces, each 12 inches high, and the sides for boxy birdhouses that will one day resemble an old-style antique store.

"Beside the birdhouse sits a large pile of trim and other useful stuff"

"New barnboard is used on the roof, back door and floor"

I will need to buy hinges for the large back door and add a lot of painted trim to each. But it's about time! They've been sitting on a shelf for several months.

More to follow.

Link to Basic Barnboard BH 4

Photos GH

No comments:

Post a Comment