Wednesday, April 22, 2015

Little Library Project 4

The Tall Boy (Book Barn)

"I make little libraries using pine barnboard from Fenelon Falls"

What started as a short but stocky pile of lumber at the end of an old church pew now stands pretty tall on my portable work bench. This style of 'Book Barn' (to be used as a book trading centre on a nearby front yard) is taller than one other style I make and once filled with used/carefully read books it will weigh about a million pounds.

So, I make them sturdy.

 A "stocky pile of lumber at the end of an old church pew"

"I applied cedar slats 'shiplap style' to make the roof"

shiplap style, def'n. - boards overlap in a particular way (Link to shiplap at Wikipedia)

Stay tuned. More to follow on this project.

Link to Little Library Project 3

Photos GH

No comments:

Post a Comment