Monday, April 20, 2015

Rustic BH w a Twist 1

Like the New Harrison Special (But Smaller)

 "Plans for this barnboard BH, available here"

I made a few barnboard birdhouses (BHs) 'with a twist'* recently and think they turned out pretty well. And since I have a large pile of western cedar sitting just outside the workshop door I decided to make a few more, this time a smaller version of the above model. (I decreased the main faces from 9.5 inches high, 6.5 inches wide to 8 x 5 inches and all the other pieces of stock shrank accordingly.)


I measured and cut enough western cedar for six rustics and soon had one assembled.

I'll have a 'full-on trim day' sometime this week, then show you the finished results.


"Rescued Western cedar is from a dock reno"

More to follow.

*'with a twist', with a sideroom that increases interior space significantly

Please link to Barnboard BH w a Twist 4

Photos GH

No comments:

Post a Comment