Wednesday, April 22, 2015

Wee Side Job 1

Going Sideways

"Nice wee pine and plywood frame for fabric art"

Sometimes I travel through my workshop's to-do list in a straight line. Item A - check. Project B - check. C and D - check, check. However, sometimes I travel sideways.

For example, on a fairly regular basis someone will call and say they need something by Tuesday and I know that if I put their request at the bottom of the to-do list I would not get to it until 2018. So, I then squeeze the job into my list and travel sideways for an afternoon or two, risking abuse from others on the to-do list who might one day find out their project was a day or two late, not because of my allergies, a wee headache or that my Uncle Louie from Detroit dropped by with a big bag of dirty laundry (i.e., troubles in his family), but because I squeezed in a wee side job.

Just so ya know, I charge extra when I have to go sideways.

Link to Little Library Project 3

Photo GH

No comments:

Post a Comment