Thursday, June 11, 2015

Custom Table/Shelf

Under a Window Sill

 "The recipe called for 15 three-foot-long cedar slats"

I have not been advertising the fact I have some lovely western cedar suitable for birdhouses and other special projects. It - in a way - advertises itself.

"The frame will incorporate new lumber as well in the base and back"

"As a rough sketch reveals (above), it is a lot of wood"

Yesterday I spent about 90 minutes turning old 2 by 6 cedar dock boards into thinner slats for a special project for a friend. Dust was flying, a breeze was blowing, and most of my neighbours were (fortunately) at work.

After a bit more sanding, I will cut the boards as needed and assemble a 6 ft. long x 26 in. high x 15 in. deep table/shelf. Several lengthy steps remain before I can deliver the unit to a spot under a lovely window sill in a downtown London apartment.

New motto: Have western cedar, will travel.

Link to B & W Custom Project

Photos GH

No comments:

Post a Comment