Sunday, August 9, 2015

Custom Table 8

Four-slat Table Top



I think I have been dealing with some of the finest western red cedar in all the land lately, and Canada is a pretty big land. The distributor was Terminal in British Columbia.

I recall the day I transported six 16-footers (2 by 10-inches) home from St. Marys in my Honda Civic. They filled the car with such a magnificent (but powerful) aroma I had to keep the windows open all the way to London - in November! The planks (that had been cut into 8-foot lengths to fit into my car) are now being turned into various projects, e.g., table/shelfs, birdhouses, and more.

"The top has been cut, fitted and attached into place. Still smells great"

It pays to buy premium wood and I will be working with the remainder for several more months.

About the current project - I will be adding shelves and trim next. Then comes the surprise ending.


Photos GH

No comments:

Post a Comment