Thursday, August 6, 2015

Rich Cedar Birdhouses 1

The Best* Basic BH $$ Can Buy

 "I sliced open or booked 5 inch-wide slates for the faces and sides"

There are a few things I really like about these basic birdhouses: The cedar is the best in town, the interior floor space is 5 by 6 or 30 sq. inches because the sides are attached to the outside edges of the front and back faces, the roof slats are really solid (a bit thicker than usual) and finally... they smell so doggone nice!

"Three BHs have pine roofs. The rest are 100% premium red cedar"

"The workshop now smells like a million bucks"

I'll add trim tomorrow and I think the final result will be rich.

*best cedar I have ever purchased, from Home Hardware in St. Marys. I bought six 2 by 10s (in.) by 16 ft., cut them in half and transported the end product - twelve 8-footers - home in my Civic. Birdhouses made from the first two boards paid for the load. Almost 0% wastage. Now I'm just having some fun!

Link to Basic Western Cedar Birdhouses 5

Photos GH

No comments:

Post a Comment