Friday, August 14, 2015

Timely Trim

The Right Price


While finishing the assembly process for a batch of birdhouses I usually begin thinking about the materials I have on hand that can act as trim and perches. If I have wooden kitchen utensils in good supply I grab  6 - 10 spoons, forks and spatulas and cut them down to size. The leftover bits often make solid perches for the next batch of houses.

I see such utensils at thrift shops or yard sales on a regular basis. You can believe I snap them right up if the price is right - and it usually is!

"I spy with my little eye..."


I noticed today, after arranging ten utensils on my living room coffee table, that a good-sized grouping makes a nice display of its own.

Future artsy-fartsy project? We shall see.

Link to Custom Birdhouse 14 to see more unique perches and trim.

Photos GH


No comments:

Post a Comment