Saturday, October 3, 2015

Custom Shelf 14

Slick Lookin' Slates


"The shelf looks good where it is but I deliver it in
two days, after I complete a rare fishing adventure"

The shelf/cabinet, for books, LPs and unique display items, is very close to being finished. Last step - four fish-themed slates have to be attached to the four platforms that are already securely fastened to the ends of the shelf.

 "I recently applied coats of varnish to the above painted, fishy-themed slates" 


"The slates look pretty slick now that varnish is dry"

So.... I now need to drill four holes through each slate... very carefully... then put them into place with appropriate fasteners. Carefully. Carefully.


"I'll be sorry to see this project leave the house... carefully"

Link to Custom Shelf 13

Photos GH

No comments:

Post a Comment