Sunday, November 22, 2015

Funky Birdhouses - For Hobbits 1

Starts With a Sketch

"Yes, it has wings!"

I have built birdhouses in the past with curved roofs, but not with rounded ones with a 'wee flair' on each side. All the paint work will try my patience, and cutting the roof slats so they fit together tightly on the curve will so the same, but I am down to my last 'funky' on the shelf, so it was really time to try my hand at them again.

"Sometimes I sketch on napkins, other times on sudoku sheets" : )

I think I'll have fun with the chimney and other details, e.g., a rounded door with metal strip overtop, and maybe - okay, maybe - I'll have one done by next Saturday, in time for my next sale.

 "I modified the sides - to 4" Height (H). Shorter roofline now"



"The cedar roof (right) won't need paint if lined up nicely"

Link to Funky Birdhouses 7

Photos GH

No comments:

Post a Comment