Sunday, November 22, 2015

J.R. Models

A Unique Design

"This 'original' is from teak w 1/4" aluminum plate roof. Wow!"
Photo credit to modernbirdhouses

If you google 'JR birdhouse' you will be presented with, in my opinion, interesting information and images related to a unique BH that I have copied now and again. Whereas the original was teak and aluminum with chromium screws (to last 1,000 years maybe!), my copy is made from cedar scraps, pine roof and deck screws. Hopefully, one of mine will last ten to twenty years.

Some cedar slats were given to me recently and I immediately thought, "I'll use them on my version of the JR model - the GH."



I'll cut roofs and bases from white pine and add paint. Not as lovely as teak but with rescued lumber one cannot be too choosy.

Cheers. GH

Link to Specialty Birdhouse PEI Lumber 4 (rescued as well)

Photos GH

No comments:

Post a Comment