Thursday, November 19, 2015

Specialty Birdhouse - PEI Lumber 3

The Second Go-'Round

"The roof on the left is angled at 37 degrees; the other is at 45 degrees"

The first PEI model I completed was sold a day or two later and no 'final photo' was taken. However, my second and third models are almost identical so we shall see how they look before they hit the sales table.

The spruce barnboard - all the way from PEI - is gray on both sides and approx. one-inch thick. I trim the boards to five-inches in width and join two pieces together to make faces and backs ten-inches wide and eleven-inches tall. The sides have varied in height because I have tried three different roof angles. The first was cut to a 32 degrees angle, the second at 37 and the third at 45. I shall see what I like best for future models. (I am already leaning toward cutting the roof angle to 45 degrees in others I produce because then the roof slats don't need to be angled before being overlapped).

"With roof at 45 degrees the slats go on square, or overlap easily" 

 "The perch and fence dress up the face in a rustic manner"

"Welcome to The Rustic Manor!"

A fancy-schmancy perch and picket fence seem to look AOK in my opinion. About the only other feature I added was a wooden spoon. Last detail re the spoon - coming up!

Link to PEI Lumber 2

Photos GH

No comments:

Post a Comment