Wednesday, March 23, 2016

Project: Doing the Slow Mull

Something Unique Coming Up

"An art piece? "Slab of Wood Atop 1950s CCM"?

Oh, it will be something special. I just don't know what it will be.

Yesterday I picked up a slab of walnut from a nearby construction site. (A foreman had seen me eyeballing a slab about three months ago while he supervised the digging of a new hole in the ground - for an apartment building - on Wortley Rd. I asked then, "What's going to happen to this walnut?" He said he had something in mind, but he'd set the next piece aside for me. And he did. Man of his word).


"There's gold in them there hills"

At this point, I don't have something definite in mind beyond stripping the bark, or most of it at any rate, and giving it a good cleaning.

That being said, while walking it home atop my '51 CCM (very similar to the bike I rode around Norwich, Ontario as a young kid), I thought about looking for three or four well-worn drum sticks or child-size baseball bats, maybe from ash. For legs.... or something.

It's time to slowly mull things over, inside the workshop.

Please link to Two Deck Chairs

No comments:

Post a Comment