Wednesday, April 27, 2016

Duplexes: "Contrasting Lumbers"

Maybe Some Paint?

 "Yes, there are a lot of bits and pieces in a duplex, even a piece one cannot see"*

The roof on the tall unit is made from slats of white pine, nice and smooth. I'm tempted to add paint in order to catch your eye.

"White pine and western cedar look AOK together, in my opinion"

That being said, even without paint, the contrasting colours of the wood seem eye-catching to some degree. I'll think about paint while I assemble the last of three units this afternoon.

More to follow.

*Because the entry hole in the tall unit is approx. 8 inches from the base, I put in a hidden floor six-inches below the hole so birds can build a shallower nest. "Good idea," says the wee fledgling with short legs.

Please link to Duplexes: "A Hodge Podge of Lumber" 1

No comments:

Post a Comment