Tuesday, May 3, 2016

Basic Cedar and Barnboard 1

First, I Build a Pile

 "Seven sturdy birdhouses hide in this pile of fresh stock"

I built ten basic cedar birdhouses in March and recently noticed they are almost all gone. Time for more, I said yesterday. So, I assembled necessary lumber from stock on-hand, i.e., cedar fence boards and white pine barnboard (and a few leftovers for bases). Shortly thereafter I measured faces, sides, bases and roof slats and cut a pile of stock for seven newbies, or new BHs in this case.

"Just add water!" (A single 'hobbit house' needs some attention too)

Today I will drill entry holes, set up the sander and create dust for an hour. If it's a breezy day, all the better.

More to follow.

Please link to The First Batch of the Season (5)

No comments:

Post a Comment