Saturday, June 18, 2016

White Pine Birdhouses and More

Paint and Potential


Paint and varnish might look good together

White pine stock for four birdhouses may be assembled slowly (because I have four chairs on the move) but eventually they will receive a paint job that will set them apart from any other batch I've built this spring. More will follow about these substantial homes.

As well, about one month ago - after looking at a pile of old cedar 2 by 6s - I jotted details related to a brand new style - a dark western cedar house made from 2.5 inch wide slats. I am hoping to show off the aged surface as well as the sterling, rich interior of each board. Dust will fly but the end result should be pretty cool.


I think I'm onto something (e.g., the next project)

More to follow in short order.

Link to Upcoming Projects: Barnboard Birdhouses and More

Photos GH

No comments:

Post a Comment