Monday, May 22, 2017

First Batches of the Birdhouse Season (6).

Wanted: Good Lookin' Trim.


The GH models above will move farther along this week. Roofs are ready to be cut, sanded, painted and varnished. Then I will cut some trim from the same red cedar as in the boxes. Good lookin' trim is the cat's meow.



I have four fences ready for four painted white pine houses (above) but a bit more trim is needed, perhaps a fancy-schmancy drawer handle for a perch.

Upcoming Project:

Finally, thanks to a gift of free lumber, I am now thinking about building 2 - 3 Rietveld chairs with matching table, from white pine and red cedar. The one below is from a set of four chairs constructed last year for a London friend and neighbour. But, I'll wait until the 50-plus birdhouses scattered around the workshop and paint studio (i.e., my basement) are finished.


: )

Schtay tuned.

Please link to First Batches of the Birdhouse Season (5).

Photos GH

No comments:

Post a Comment