Sunday, June 25, 2017

"Tall Boy" Library (4).

The Open Door Policy

[Photo: Rain guard over the door opening, lines up nicely)

Years ago, while building my first little library for local clients, I felt I needed an extra pair of hands while assembling the door (in four parts, with plexiglass), attaching hinges to it, then holding the completed door in just the right place while drilling in screws to hold the door hinges snuggly. I really struggled with that first door.

Now, after building about 20 libraries and swap boxes, the "door operation" goes smoothly, without even a single drop of blood being shed. That being said, it would be nice to have that extra pair of hands, even for five minutes, in order to set the hinges in just the right way.





Now that the door is in place, I'm left only with easy tasks, i.e., extra door trim and colourful signage. 

More to follow.

Please link to "Tall Boy" Library (3).

Photos GH

No comments:

Post a Comment