Sunday, March 8, 2015

Welcome

Welcome to the Workshop (2)


One shop philosophy (it came to me while puttering at my workbench after retiring from a very busy and 32-year long career) I generally adhere to is 'go slow and enjoy the view'. Another is 'use rescued lumber whenever possible'.

Good, useful lumber can be found sitting at the curb, leaning against trees, in peoples' trash, at landfill sites and hundreds of other places. I don't find it embarrassing anymore to ask a person, "Are you throwing that lumber out?"

[I cut logs for the four sides from and old cedar fence post]

[Roof, chimney, and other trim = rescued. The wee pot is new]

My blog is just an easy-going job site where, 90% of the time, I will share photographs and a few details about sturdy, functional and sometimes funky birdhouses. Over time the 'click on HEADINGS' box - in the right-hand margin - will reveal other types of projects too. Be patient at all times because I like to work slowly and when 5PM rolls around I like to take a break and celebrate Happy Hour. You might even get an invitation.

Questions, comments and information about your own workshop and projects are always welcome.

Please link to finished projects on display at my former busy blog - Birdhouse London

Please link to Welcome (1)

Photos GH

No comments:

Post a Comment